Hits

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Courage Of Others

Short shout out today, Texas based indie rock band Midlake just dropped a new CD today, entitled The Courage Of Others. If you're like me, this is just estatic news, since it's been 3 years since the last Midlake full LP release. I haven't gotten my hands on it yet and have yet to find a place to listen to it, but this is just a lo-fi band that you really should check out. Their myspace page and The official website should give you a great start to the sound of a great indie/lo-fi rock band. Those who are fans of The Chemical Brothers have already gotten a taste of this band with the collaboration songThe Pills Won't Help You Now which is a great electronic standalone song about not wanting a friend to do drugs, or so my take is. Anyways, get a chance to check out the new cd. I've been hearing great positive reviews, though many critics are "complaing" about how the song just doesn't sound new but that's ok.
Midlake - The Courage Of Others   check it out and let me know how it is.
-Minimal foX

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More