Hits

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Chemically Electronica

 So, I eventually settled on, The Chemical Brothers, a duo of outrageously popular electronic artists. Alright, alright, if you have followed the origins of so called, "Techno" music, you'd see a huge branch off dedicated entirely to The Chemical Brothers. Quite interesting blend of what I'd say is trance and house if you really wanted to put a genre to it.  So, what do you need to know? This duo is famous for guest appearances, catchy tracks, and hitting it hard on the radios around the world. Really, this is another artist that you already know, you just might not know you know. If you grew up as the MTV Generation you might remember most of the extremely drug reference music videos and trippy scenes brought by their music.  As I always say, I'd write more, but let's let the music talk for itself.

Oh, and for this mix, I figured why not go with another electronic artist known to hit the pop charts around the same time as The Chemical Brothers, Daft Punk. For those of you who don't know Daft Punk, congratulations, you have successfully avoided world culture since the 80's. There's no saying these two bands really don't need much to be said about them and are stand alone pop icons themselves. I just thought I'd refresh you and remind you that The Chemical Brothers are due for a new album as well as Daft Punk working on their next album a.k.a. The TRON Soundtrack.

Chemically Electronic Mix

Daft Punk - Club Soda
The Chemical Brothers - Hold Tight London
The Chemical Brothers - Surface to Air  vs.  The Chemical Brothers - Star Guitar (Minimal foX Mix)

---------------------------------------------------

Let me know if you have any mix preferences, or comments about the new idea behind presenting bands, or if you just have something to say. Let's keep it about the music, I know my mixing skills can be called into question, but it's not about me, I just needed a new way to present the music to you, and I thought maybe if I did mixes you could appreciate it more.

-Minimal foX

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More